Thursday, December 5, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your reply. Nowadays even getting a reply email from girl's parents is a rare event!
I understand your preference of prospective groom being a certain geographical location. But given today's volatile job market situation what guarantee is that someone who is in Chennai today or when he is married to your daughter is going to be in Chennai forever? What if he or your daughter gets a brilliant position, which gives complete satisfaction and justice to the education he or she earned, in a foreign location? After wedding?
By the same token what guarantee is that someone who is in Doha/Dubai/Singapore right now is going to be forever in that location???
I am sure you will agree that what should be of prime importance is the fact that the boy and girl should understand each other and have frequency match and the respective families have an affinity to each other. Geographical location of someone's job is just mere details which the person himself don't have total control over.
There are various reasons why someone is in a particular job in a particular country. Do you believe in dismissing an alliance for the mere fact that he is not in a certain location without EVEN getting to know more about the prospective groom?
I am sure given the surfeit of eligible bachelors in our community you will have plenty of choice in your preferred location. But at what cost?
I work at the forefront of world's cutting edge research. As part of my job I frequently meet with heads of states of various countries and help in decision making and research policy shaping of several developing countries.

I work ( and get handsomely paid) for finding solutions for fatal diseases, clean water, energy and security. Things that matter to our everyday life. So its more than just a job.
But all that is meaningless when it comes to finding a suitable life partner for me. and WHY? because I am not in a certain geographical location.

And from where I am right now I can be in Chennai in 4 hrs time. Faster than coming from Bangalore to Chennai.I have close to two and a half months of paid vacation per year to do that 4 hr journey SEVERAL times a year as I wish.
I am not being arrogant here. I am just stating my case. I have reached a good position in my life by getting a good education and sacrificing being away from family for several years. And my very own success is proving detrimental to me?
I am writing this email for my own selfish reason. Of course there are 1000's of guys like me in similar situation who are penalized for being successful in their life.
I sincerely hope you will put more thought in to an alliance and not just a geographical location.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
A would be groom's reply to a would be bride declining him on grounds of Geographical location .

No comments: